Acidity is a very common problem among all. According to me many people are facing this. I think more than 80 percent of people are facing this problem. Acidity occurs due to more secretion of acidic juice acid (HCL) required to facilitate the process of digestion. This causes a burn in the stomach or chest area near the heart. When people face it regularly and go to the doctor they diagnose it as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Sometimes it may cause serious problems like esophageal ulcers, esophageal cancer, can also destroy the enamel of teeth and cause tooth decay.
Ancient people do not face these kinds of problems because of their healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyle. Even they work more than us and do not get tired easily.
Cause of acidity
The main cause of acidity is your lifestyle, and hence, the most vital remedy is to change your lifestyle. Other causes are :
- More consumption of junk food (Pizza, Burgers ,doughnuts ),spicy food ,fried food.
- Drinks such as tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, soft drinks, alcohol.
- Some medicines can also produce acidity.
Problems you may face due to acidity
Commonly many people face the problem of pain or irritation that moves from your stomach to chest or sour acid backing to mouth. Sometimes bloating, bloody or black stools or bloody vomiting , burping, the sensation of food being stuck in your throat nausea can also be seen.
Natural way to treating acidity
Medicines are not only the permanent solutions for acidity in spite of it we should adopt healthy lifestyle and eating habits to remove this problem from its roots. Some comman natural remedies are :
- First and foremost step is to modify the types of foods you are eating. Try to eat natural, organic homemade food which has all nutrients to keep your body healthy.
- Don’t forget to take your last meal 2 to 3hrs before you sleep.
- Obesity is the reason for many problems so it is necessary to reduce the weight with exercise atleast thrice in a week or reduce with diet.
- Some naturally occurring herbs can also do this job if they are taken properly. Herbs like fennel, yashtimadhu , ginger, mint etc. can be effective against acidity.
- Our vanima ANTACID tea provides all these herbs with their proper nutritional value to treat the problem of acidity.
I too have faced this problem for a long time but then i changed my lifestyle hoping this would be helpful to others also. Mine changes are :
- I removed three whites from my life : Maida, sugar, white salt .
- Then i quit taking desi ghee parathas for breakfast which is the major cause .
- For warm up i prefer to do running for 10 min within 20 min workout thrice in a week.
- Having green tea with herbs.
- All these help in managing my weight as well as various problems related to it.